Sunday, October 7, 2012

As Life Goes By

I know, I know, I have been quite silent over the past two weeks, but I have good reason. Well, no, I actually don't. I have been very busy, but not too busy to make the time to write a blog post or snap some shots. My problem the past two weeks has been my time management (or lack thereof).

When I overextend myself with things I am involved in (which is a current problem) I tend to get overwhelmed. And when I get overwhelmed, I start to lose motivation. When I lose motivation, the first thing to go is the cleanliness of my room. Oh, I changed my outfit this morning? Well, I'll just pile the old stuff at the foot of my bed. Old newspapers that need to be thrown away? I'll just wait until next week when I have more to throw out, and save myself a trip. I have homework I need to do? Let me just wander around my room trying to motivate myself to clean instead. You get the picture.

What do I do then, when I just have too much to do? I do nothing for a while, except cram papers in just barely in time and review for a quiz 10 minutes before class. Then I get mad at myself for procrastinating and freaking out, get organized, and then buckle down and work. It takes some doing, but it is possible.

I have reached the "buckle down" stage in this process today, and while I still really do have too much to do, I am determined to get it together. I'm at school to get good grades and graduate after all. So, let's DO this! School is wonderful! No, college is wonderful! My life is NOW, so yay college and God!

P.S. I also paint my nails ( a normally rare occurrence) when I freak out. This weekend, they are mint with gold sparkles. You know you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment