Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Wishing/ Working

Yesterday, instead of studying for finals I read through pages of blogs by student missionaries who are out and about this year. Some were my friends, and some were friends of my friends. Some were good writers, and others were just ok, but they all gave me something I've been missing for a while: motivation. Not motivation to learn, but motivation to be. A goal. In being I am learning, so there's the fringe benefit. But when opportunities and ideas seem or become possible to a person, it give solidity to dreams that seemed impossible before. I like that feeling. Too bad it had to come during finals. Now all I want to do is read blogs and plan my life.

Think about that though; your dreams are possible. Just how much do you care about them happening? You might say you want something or to go somewhere or to be someone. Without the work though, you might as well not wish it. My dad always says "'was going to' isn't good enough". He's right. You might say you are going to do something or were going to before, but unless it is done or is in the process of happening, it is just wasted air from your lungs. Make yourself more than words people.

I have to study now.

No comments:

Post a Comment