Friday, December 6, 2013

No Quiero Regresar a Los Estados Unidos

I know I still have almost six more months left here, but after going to Walmart today, I decided I don't wanna leaaaavveee Argentina! I don't want to go back to where I can understand everything people are saying. I can only begin to imagine just how overwhelming it will be to have everyone around me speaking English. I'll be able to say whatever I want anyone-- and they'll understand me! But I don't want to.

Classes. I can't believe that I used to take classes where I understood every word. Here it's a minute to minute struggle to keep up with what is going on. Did I actually understand what was taught to me in the U.S.? I can barely remember what that is like.

And the pesos versus dollars. I'm going to be so confused with the value of the silly pieces of paper we call money. First of all, the U.S. $100 bills look like they were laid out in Powerpoint. Second of all, my mind is all set up for pesos now. When I go back to the U.S. everything will seem cheaper when in reality, it's about the same! That could be a major problem. Thirdly, when I return, I will have huge stores with anything I could ever want at my disposal, 24/7. This equals a lot of buying of unnecessary items. Hopefully I will have that habit broken by the time I leave Argentina. Because unfortunately, that will be happening.

On another note, Christmas break here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment