Wednesday, June 26, 2013

This Summer

Finally.

After three summers of wishing and applying and trying and not, I am a counselor at a summer camp.
It's as hard as I was told, but also more manageable than I expected. Granted this is only the second full week of camp, but still, I'm not dead (though I do have a cold).

So far, the Cub Campers, or "cubbies" as they are called, are my favorite. Our first week of camp brought over 50 7-9 year old kids. In my cabin I had eight of those little children, and they were wonderful! Yes, one night I had four of them crying at once over being homesick and the constant worry of spiders. BUT, each had their own sweet personality and desire to learn and enjoy camp!

This week is the first of two Junior Camps, (ages 10-12) and is proving to be less tiring physically, but more tiring mentally. Introverted as I am, I have found that I need to be the one to start conversations a lot of the time. Which is an introvert's NIGHTMARE. But God is good, and I am doing fine. I think. I have one day off a week, and that is giving me a much needed break from all the craziness that is constantly thrown at me. So off I go, to enjoy the rest of my freeeeee day.

Let's see how the rest of the week goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment