Sunday, September 15, 2013

That Great Adventure

I haven't even left the United States yet and it seems I'm already having an adventure.

I boarded my flight ready nap to this afternoon and without ceremony, immediately went to sleep. Staying up until 4:30 in the morning was not the wisest choice when I needed to be up at eight, and my body was telling me that through ten pound weights invisibly attached to my eyelids. I woke up half an hour later to find we were not well on our way to Texas, but still calmly parked on the tarmac in Omaha, Nebraska. Mechanical difficulties forced us to wait another half an hour on the plane, and then finally, to disembark to wait some more for the mechanic from Houston to fly up and fix the plane.

This is where I am now. Still waiting on that mechanic and praying that he can get the plane fixed in time for me to make my connecting flight to Buenos Aires. Praise God that I originally had a four hour layover in Houston upon arrival, so as of now, I might possibly still make it to Buenos Aires on time! We'll see.

Good advice from a good friend reminded me to just chill and take what comes:

"God is THE number one travel agent." -Vernee

Oh, did I not tell you I'm going to Argentina for a year? More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment