Friday, October 25, 2013

10 Años

Tonight instead of the main Vespers service, I attended the vespers/anniversary party for JABES (Jovenes Adventistas Brindando Esperanza y Salud (Young Adventists Bringing Hope and Health)), the missionary group I'm in. The room was decorated with pretty green, black, and white streamers, balloons, and a poster my friend painted yesterday that proudly declared, "JABES, 10 Años de Servicio". After a song service of music videos with lyrics (singing in Spanish, is a struggle) we prayed. Each person took a paper from a basket that had one of the letters of JABES and then formed groups that spelled the whole word to pray for each other and for the group.

After a little talk and a skit and a special music, people dug into the little finger foods and I dug into my Spanish speaking. I took pictures with the people who are becoming my friends, and I talked with people who love Jesus and it was fantastic. I understood more in this mini vespers than the normal vespers and that was just what I needed this week. Good thing God and I are on the same page here.

Each person took a cookie and found someone without a cookie in order to pray for them. 







Just a small part of the group of many.

Most of my sub-group in JABES.


No comments:

Post a Comment