Friday, January 3, 2014

The Overview of My Christmas Vacay (Vacation)

Just like my journal, this blog has been gathering dust over the past three weeks. That doesn't mean that I've been sitting around for three weeks. Nope, in fact, since Peru, I've also been to a couple of other provinces in Argentina, as well as Chile. Since blogging isn't my job, I didn't try to hard to keep you guys updated. Sorry, but the 7 hours of walking a day and 27 hour long bus rides really take a toll, you know? So now, I get to make it up to you here. But instead of detailing every leg of my trip as my mother would like, I'm just going to hit a few highlights.

Peru- Amazing








Mendoza- So chill and sweet that I hardly took any pictures. Sorry.


Santiago, Chile- Has the best ice cream IN THE WORLD, the tallest mall in South America, and the only subway/metro in South America. Quite modern. Also, they have really cheap scarves.








Chaco- Adopted a family there. Rather, they adopted me. I may or may not have cried when we got on the bus to head back to school. Leaving Argentina is getting harder and harder.


Now I can say I have backpacked Argentina and survived! I was with one other girl, my friend Lauren. And we did it. We lived, we didn't get hurt. Yeah, we lost a little money here and there, yeah we found some neat stuff and barely avoided some not so neat stuff, but we learned from it all. Our Spanish wasn't too shabby either. I can't wait to see what it is like in just a few months!


No comments:

Post a Comment