Monday, September 16, 2013

Mine

First things first. No, I did not make my connecting flight in Houston. They finally found another plane for us to take to get to Houston at around 10:30 pm last night. To make up for the rough time, they put us all in hotels for the night, and gave us meal vouchers for the airport. They re-booked me for my connecting flight tonight, leaving me with a full day and not much to do. So, after enjoying an surprisingly yummy continental breakfast, I'm now studying Spanish in my room and watching Star Trek TOS re-runs on TV.

I'd like to point out that thanks to what my momma has taught me, I packed my carry-on prepared for exactly this moment. The only thing I neglected to pack were my running shoes and swim suit, two things which I desperately wish I had now. But that's alright. I've got my stuffed dog Ginger who has literally been around the world with me before, so we're good.




Now to update you on what's going on this year. I am headed to Argentina to study abroad for the year in a full immersion program. The goal is to learn Spanish! I will be taking all of my classes in Spanish at a University there and will be going on side trips to Peru, Iguazu Falls, and Rio de Janeiro, among others. Am I excited? You better believe it! Sure, it was a little anti-climatic not making my first flight and now being a day late to school. But still, I've had some wonderful experiences already.

For example, while sitting in the airport in Omaha, waiting to see if my flight would make it or not, a man gave me his meal voucher to get some dinner. That thing was worth seven bucks and it got me a whole personal pan pizza! I haven't had to pay a single thing for food this whole time, and boy has that been a relief. It leaves me more money for Argentina! 

I hope to keep my blog updated this year and hopefully better than this past year. Keep checking back if you are so inclined. 

No comments:

Post a Comment